Monday, February 13, 2012

OCL - YOU MAKE ME HAPPY

Happy Monday, Our Craft Lounge friends!  I am back to share my second project as February Artist of the Month.  This week I am working with the OCL Crafty Cling Rubber Stamp Set You Make Me Happy.  I just love this set because it features one of my favorite flowers, Echinacea, more commonly known as Coneflowers.


I have a large perennial flower garden in my back yard and I collect Coneflowers.  I now have twenty-four different Coneflowers in all different colors and heights.  What I also love about this OCL stamp set is it comes with several wonderful sentiments that can be used for many occasions.  So this set is not only fun to color, but very versatile!
To make my card I started with paper from My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Market Street and I created a 6" x 6" card base.  I stamped the Coneflower with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black on Cryogen White paper and colored it with Copics.  I then stamped the sentiment with Memento in Rich Cocoa and distressed the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen.  I used Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles and embellishments cut from Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accents.  I added a bow made out of antique gold organza ribbon and I attached it with a pearl brad.  To finish the card I added Candi with pop dots.

Have a good week and I hope you take time to create a card with your favorite OCL stamp set this week!
  • Stamps:  You Make Me Happy
  • Paper:  My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Market Street
  • Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet & Antique Linen
  • Copics:  RV32, RV34, YG95, YG97, Y28, E39, BG0000, BG000, BG10
  • Spellbinders:  Lattice Rectangles, Fleur De Lis Accents
  • Embellishments:  Ribbon, Pearl Brad, Candi
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. hey Candy!

    just wanted to let you know I found your lovely card in the SCS gallery...and will share it again on the Our Craft Lounge tomorrow as part of a spotlight for the You Make Me Happy Set! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...